We have learned about the following:
- Ireland – the country, the kids, the sheep, the green hills, and more
- Letter writing – How to start a letter, how to end a letter and more
- Geography – we found Ireland on multiple maps
- Math – we calculated distance and time a flight would take
- Writing interesting questions with purpose and meaning
We had great whole class discussion, as well as small group discussions on the types of questions we should ask our Pen Pals. Â Now, students have more developed writing and communication skills through the multiple drafts of their letter. Â Our Middle School Reading buddies helped us complete our final draft.
We hope our new friends in Ireland enjoy reading our letters, as much as we enjoyed writing the letters.
Please read some of the student letters in the hallway during Conferences.