Students learned the format of a business letter and wrote the first draft of a letter to the National Cookie Company. Each year this company has a contest for elementary students. Students may create a cookie and use writing to persuade the company why their design should be manufactured to the public.
Since thousands of students will enter the competition nationwide, we wanted to take the time to recognize at least one student from University Schools for the best persuasive letter. Each 3rd and 4th grade class that chose to participate will have their letters judged here at school by administration. Then one winner will be selected based on the most persuasive language they used, as well as the level of professionalism their letter exudes.
Mary’s Mountain Cookies has donated a $25.00 gift card to the winner selected here at our school. If any students wish to enter our local school-wide competition here at University Schools, the final draft of their letter will be due this week.
- PLP Museum – This week, Wednesday 3:20-4:00 (in the hallway)
- Reading Logs Due – Tue. Oct. 30th
- School Halloween Celebration – Wed. Oct. 31st
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science – Thur. Nov. 1st
- Last day of the 1st trimester – Fri. Nov. 2nd
- No School K-12 – Mon. Nov. 5th & Tue. Nov. 6th
- 2nd trimester begins – Wed. Nov. 7th
- Elementary conferences begin – Thur. Nov. 8th