Each trimester a new class representative (or class president) will be elected.
If you are interested in running for class representative you will need to know the following dates:
- Monday, September 23 – Tell Mrs. Boyd you want to run for class representative
- Tuesday, September 24 – Turn in your speech for approval (written or typed)
- Wednesday, September 25 – Speeches and class election (voting)
- Thursday, September 26 – First student council meeting of the school year
Student Council meetings will be held every other Thursday from 11:15-11:45 in classroom 1322 (Mrs. Hott). Â It will be important for our class representative to have the following qualitites:
- Be organized (remember to go to meetings and take notes)
- Be healthy (avoiding absences so you can attend Student Council)
- Be a good student (all homework must be turned in on a regular basis)
- Honesty (so we can trust the information you share)
We have 24 amazing 4th grade students. Â Most students in our class could easily handle the job of class representative (or class president). Â Unfortunately, only one student can be elected this trimester. Â Please, don’t let that discourage you, the more you practice speaking in front of our class, the better you will be! Â We will support and encourage all candidates.