Our class just concluded an exciting Friday full of activities.
Students were able to participate in the following:
- Read the Most from Coast to Coast – an Accelerated Reader (AR) activity. We partnered with Debbie Bangs 1st and 2nd grade students helping them read books and then take AR quizzes in the Computer Lab.
- Thanks to Brynlee’s mom, Cee Cee Richardson, our students were able to participate in a fun classroom baby shower. Thank you to all parents who helped create this exciting event to help welcome Baby Boyd. Students took the time to write a note to the baby (so he can read them in the future). What a special gift to give to the Little Man someday.
- We concluded our day by celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday. We collected copies of 26 of Dr. Seuss’ most popular books. Students paired up and brought his stories to life by reading this famous authors words aloud. Next, we created pudding cups filled with dirt (Oreo) and worms (gummy worms). The book the Lorax came to life through a short Dr. Seuss cartoon video we enjoyed while eating our “Truffula Tree pudding cups”. While students are at home they can check out fun games and activities at the Seussville website.
All of the students really enjoyed our exciting day full of activities. Next week, we have Writing Bootcamp (with Bridgmon students) and Writing Sidekicks (with 9th graders) to look forward to. Students have been invited to attend a Willy Wonka teaser in the auditorium, at the end of the school day on Thursday. This will be a sneak peak for “Willy Wonka Junior” being performed by University middle and high school students.
Performance dates and times:
- Friday, March 8 – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, March 9 – 2:00 pm
- Saturday, March 9 – 7:00 pm
Our high school aide (from 2nd trimester) Brittany will be in the performance, along with older brothers and sisters of students in our class.
Thank you as always for supporting our students and their learning!