Our class just concluded an exciting Friday full of activities.
Students were able to participate in the following:
- Read the Most from Coast to Coast – an Accelerated Reader (AR) activity. Â We partnered with Debbie Bangs 1st and 2nd grade students helping them read books and then take AR quizzes in the Computer Lab.
- Thanks to Brynlee’s mom, Cee Cee Richardson, our students were able to participate in a fun classroom baby shower. Â Thank you to all parents who helped create this exciting event to help welcome Baby Boyd. Â Students took the time to write a note to the baby (so he can read them in the future). Â What a special gift to give to the Little Man someday.
- We concluded our day by celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday. Â We collected copies of 26 of Dr. Seuss’ most popular books. Â Students paired up and brought his stories to life by reading this famous authors words aloud. Â Next, we created pudding cups filled with dirt (Oreo) and worms (gummy worms). Â The book the Lorax came to life through a short Dr. Seuss cartoon video we enjoyed while eating our “Truffula Tree pudding cups”. Â While students are at home they can check out fun games and activities at the Seussville website.
All of the students really enjoyed our exciting day full of activities. Â Next week, we have Writing Bootcamp (with Bridgmon students) and Writing Sidekicks (with 9th graders) to look forward to. Â Students have been invited to attend a Willy Wonka teaser in the auditorium, at the end of the school day on Thursday. Â This will be a sneak peak for “Willy Wonka Junior” being performed by University middle and high school students. Â
Performance dates and times:
- Friday, March 8 – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, March 9 – 2:00 pm
- Saturday, March 9 – 7:00 pm
Our high school aide (from 2nd trimester) Brittany will be in the performance, along with older brothers and sisters of students in our class. Â
Thank you as always for supporting our students and their learning!