As a class, we acted out the story.
Everyday 1st grade students spend their math hour in our classroom, exploring new concepts and ideas. Â The second grade students visit Mrs. Duran’s classroom each day during their hour of math learning.
Recently, 1st grade students concluded a geometry topic, and also explored various pattern structures (AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, etc).
The 2nd grade students have learned about adding two digit numbers, as they discuss the magic box. Â Feel free to ask your child about what they have been learning at school.
Great conversations could occur through asking specific questions, such as the following examples:
- What is a new word you learned in Spanish? Â What country table do you sit at? Â (Argentina?)
- Can you sing me a song from Music? Â (“We will Jingle” is a fun one.)
- During P.E., what is your favorite game or activity? (Snakes Alive is a fun game!)
- Who do you typically sit with at lunch? Â What is mix-it up day?
- What is your favorite art material Mrs. Carver has let you use this year?
- When you walk into math, how do you begin learning each day?
- Tell me about a book you want to take an A.R. test on? Â How many times have you read the story?
Enjoy conversation with your child.
Don’t forget about the learning games and activities on our class website.
We hope everyone has a wonderful time resting during our large break from school.