We had such a great day of learning. Centennial Village had so many activities for us to explore.
We’ve been learning about the Cheyenne and Arapaho tribes. Students were able to step into a tipi and imagine this as their home.
The 4th graders learned about the Civil War and actually became soldiers in a company. We learned how to load and fire a musket, how to march, what soldiers may have eaten, what their uniform was like, and students even crawled into the tiny tents soldiers slept in.
Ask your child about some of the other things we learned about and explored.
- Paleo Hunters
- Various types of arrow heads
- Baking bread in a Orno (oven of Adobe homes)
- Black Smiths (and making nails)
- Washing laundry (without a washing machine)
- Sewing Machines
- Giant Wagon Wheels
- Making Corn Husk Dolls
- Outdoor Games (like Croquet and Horseshoes)
- Chickens on the loose, and much more.